What Is Success By 6?
Success By 6, the early childhood initiative of United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County, works to ensure that every child is ready to succeed by the time they enter kindergarten. Success By 6 brings together early childhood educators, public school administrators and teachers, businesses, health centers, advocates and parents to work toward this common goal. A variety of publications, professional development activities, preschool scholarship funding and community outreach programs assist early childhood educators and families throughout the year.
The Basics are five fun, simple, and powerful ways to help all children get a healthy start in life! 80% of brain growth happens in the first three years of life. That’s why The Basics is working to ensure that every parent and caregiver knows what they can do to make the most of this opportunity and give their infants and toddlers a great start in life. To learn more, click the button below:
Program Goals: Success By 6 has established five important goals to guide our work:
- School Readiness: Promote the importance of early childhood education due to its positive impact on children’s readiness for school.
- Professional Development: Provide ongoing, low-cost, high quality and relevant professional development activities and incentives to early childhood educators.
- Underserved Populations: Develop programs, publications and/or partnerships to assist underserved families with their children’s readiness for school.
- Community Outreach: Develop new publications, programs and/or partnerships to assist families with their children’s readiness for school.
- Advocacy: Advocate for the importance of early childhood education and bring public awareness to issues important to children’s readiness for school.